top of page
World TB Day
World Tuberculosis (TB) Day is held every year on 24th March. On this date in 1882, the bacterium that causes TB was first discovered. World TB Day has since become a global rallying point to raise awareness of the impacts of TB, as well as challenges and solutions on the journey towards ending TB.
For Results, World TB Day is an annual highlight for our advocacy. TB is a disease of poverty that kills more than 1.5 million people every year, mostly in low-income and middle-income countries in the Asia-Pacific region. We have the solutions to end TB; all we need is the political will.
2023 World TB Day Parliamentary Event
Our parliamentary event was held at 7:30am on Monday 20th March, 2023, at the Dame Dorothy Tangney Alcove in Parliament House, Canberra.
Click here to listen to the full audio recording of the event!
Light Up Red for World TB Day
Light up Red for TB is a global campaign to draw attention to the 1.6 million deaths caused by TB each year and to show solidarity to the millions of people affected.
In our quest to build awareness of the impacts of TB, one of the biggest diseases of poverty, Results' Light Up Red for TB event attracts significant attention each year. On March 24, our staff and Advocates organise locations around Australia to be lit up bright red! Our Light Up campaign is part of a global event.
Dozens of locations light up each year - from town halls, to clocktowers, to bridges - cities and towns everywhere turn red to show support for TB. Our confirmed Light Up sites for 2023 include:
•Suncorp Stadium, Gateway Bridge, Story Bridge, Victoria Bridge, Reddacliff Place sculptures, Wickham Terrace Car Park architectural wall, Breakfast Creek Bridge- Newstead
• Manly Town Hall, Albury Entertainment Centre, Canada Bay Serpent Sculpture
• Questacon, National Carillon
• Bolte Bridge, AAMI Park (on the 23rd March), Catenary and Little Malop Central lights (Geelong), QIAGEN offices (Clayton)
• Waratah Wynyard Council Chambers
• Adelaide Oval (on the 23rd March), Riverbank Footbridge, Unley Town Hall, Lights at Henley Square
• Matagarup Bridge, Mount Street Bridge, Sky Ribbon, Joondalup Drive Bridge, Northbridge Tunnel, City of Albany CBD Town Square, Alison Hartman Norfolk Pine Tree, Freemantle Prison, City of Perth Council House, Trafalgar Bridge
• Palmerston Recreation, Library and Memorial Park
2023 Social Media Toolkit
We invite our advocates, parliamentarians, partner organisations, local councils and lit-up buildings, and anyone interested in raising awareness of TB to share the graphics and accompanying captions below on World TB Day, Friday 24th March 2023.
Please click on the image/s that you want to share in the gallery below, click the download icon on the top left, and copy the accompanying text to use as a caption. You can then upload the image and paste the caption as a post through your preferred social media platform/s.
2022 WTBD Parliamentary Event
The full recording of our 2022 virtual World TB Day parliamentary event is available to watch below. For more information on our 2022 event, click here.
bottom of page