Results is committed to securing the privacy and confidentiality of your personal information in accordance with the Privacy Act 1988 (Commonwealth) and Australian Privacy Principles.
By visiting our website, signing up to our newsletter, signing a petition, applying for employment with us, making a donation, or otherwise providing us with your personal information, you consent to your personal information being collected, used and disclosed as set out in this Privacy Statement. If you become an employee, this Privacy Statement will not apply to personal information contained in your employee record.
What information is collected?
Results collects information that is related to our functions and activities. The kind of personal information we collect and store will depend on the type of Results initiatives you support or enquire about. Personal information collected by Results may include:
- Your contact name, address, email address, phone number, mobile phone number
- Your date of birth and gender
- Your employer details, if you participate in workplace giving
- Your Results supporter number (to be introduced shortly)
- A history of your donations, correspondences and other interactions with Results
- Certain details about your personal interests.
Results provides you with an option to remain anonymous or use a pseudonym. If you choose not to provide us with your contact details, we may not be able to process your donation or provide information or other products or services you request.
How we collect information
There are a number of ways we collect information from you. These include:
- Directly from you when you provide information by phone, in person, via our website, on coupons or response forms
- From fundraising events or workplace giving on our behalf
- From our own records of your donor history or your level of interaction with our campaigns
- From publicly available sources of information such as telephone
How information is used
Your personal information may be used to:
- Process your donation or purchase and provide receipts
- Provide you with information on how your donation is used
- Provide you with confirmation of your donation and advise you of any changes to its status in relation to your sponsored activity
- Confirm your identity when you make enquiries about your donation
- Send you information about the work Results is undertaking, including newsletters, updates and information on appeals
- Address any feedback or complaints you may have
- Develop, improve and market our events, products and campaigns, which we believe may be of interest to you.
If you do not want Results to communicate with you about activities other than the one you engaged in, please call Results on 1300 713 037.
If you choose to give us your email address, we will try to communicate with you via email for administrative purposes directly relating to a donation or the purchase of a product or service.
We will send you email newsletters and other email regarding Results activities and events where you elect to opt-in, which may be via our website. You can unsubscribe via links in the newsletter.
We do not sell, rent, or give your information to other organisations unless we have your explicit permission to do so or as required by law.
In order to communicate with you in relation to the activities of Results, we may disclose your personal information to external organisations provided they are also bound by the Australian Privacy Principles. If your information is to be used or disclosed for additional purposes including direct marketing, we will not do so without your consent. The functions of such external organisations include:
- Mailing operations
- Email services
- Information technology services
- Telecommunication services
- Marketing research and analysis services
- Website usage analysis
- Call centre operations
- Payment of donations or products and services.
We take reasonable steps to ensure these external organisations are contractually bound to privacy and confidentiality obligations in relation to your personal information and that it is only used for the specific purpose for which we supply it.
Who we may disclose your information to
We may disclose your personal information to:
- Credit reporting and fraud checking organisations
- An authorised legal representative nominated by you
- Our accountants, auditors and lawyers
- Law enforcement, government or other organisations, as required by
Cross-border disclosure of personal information
Cross-border disclosure refers to the transfer of personal information about an individual to someone who is in a foreign country. Results does not disclose personal information to anyone in a foreign country.
Privacy and the internet online surveys and tracking
Our online surveys and our donations portal provided by Benojo may ask for contact information as well as some demographic information, to find out what we can do to better meet your needs. Results collects statistics on visitor traffic to our websites. All such statistics are anonymous and do not identify specific visitors.
Cookies and anonymous tracking
Protecting information provided via the internet
Links with other sites
The Results website contains links to other sites. Other sites may also have links to our website. In either case, we are not responsible for the content, privacy practices or business practices of any website or company except our own.
How long do we keep your information for?
Results will destroy or re-identify your personal information when we no longer need it for the purpose for which it was collected, unless as required by law.
Where we use your personal information to send you marketing information by post, email or telephone, we will endeavour to provide you with an opportunity to opt-out of receiving such communications.
By electing not to opt-out, we will assume we have your implied consent to receive similar information and communications in the future. We make every effort to ensure that our opt-out notices are clear and easy to follow.
If you do not wish to receive direct marketing communications from us, please contact us by mail at Results 923/100 Walker St, North Sydney, 2060, NSW by phone at 02 9134 9983, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Giving you control
Access to your information
You have a right of access to the personal information Results Australia holds about you. All requests for right of access should be addressed to our Privacy Officer by email, post or phone as detailed below.
Opting out or modifying your information
If you want to change any information you have previously given us, or if you want to opt-out of future communications or not to be included in a direct marketing activity, you can either:
- Email your request to email@example.com
- Phone in office hours 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday on 02 9134 9983,
- Or mail your request to: CEO Results, 923/100 Walker Street
North Sydney, NSW, 2060
When contacting us to change your details, please include the following information:
- Contact details (name, postal address, telephone number); and
- Results supporter number (To be introduced shortly).
Complaint and resolution dispute procedures
If you believe that we have breached your privacy rights in any way, or you would like to discuss any issue about privacy please contact our Privacy Officer by calling 02 9134 9983 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Changes to this Privacy Statement
We may revise our Privacy Statement or any part of it from time to time e.g. when legislation requires it to be changed. Please review this Privacy Statement periodically for changes. If we make material changes to this Privacy Statement, we will notify you by email or by putting a notice on our website.