Our lovely Sydney Northern Beaches activists showing their support for Gavi
“The job’s not over for this replenishment and anything you can do in the coming months, particularly for these key donors – and you happen to be in exactly those right markets…just a couple more months of maintaining this pressure and particularly over the coming month will be very very useful to ensuring a fully-funded Gavi.” – Geoff Adlide, Gavi
- The Government has made a needed injection of funds in Gavi with a $50 million vote of confidence.
- This welcome investment in the health of children is an investment in our future.
- Each year 1.5 million children die of vaccine preventable diseases.
- Since its establishment in 2000, Gavi has supported the immunisation of nearly 500 million children.
- Gavi aims to immunise another 300 million children between 2016 and 2020.
- We call on Australia to invest no less than AU $100 million per year into Gavi at January’s replenishment.