- Tuberculosis (TB) accounts for 1 in 5 deaths of people living with HIV.
- In 2012, 320,000 people with HIV died from TB.
- International donors usually give little consideration to TB in the design and implementation of HIV programs.
- The Global Fund to Fight AIDS, TB and Malaria has committed to including TB in all future HIV programs.
- As the host of the AIDS 2014 Conference next month, it is important for Australia to commit to including TB testing and treatment in future HIV programs when it updates its HIV strategy, and supplements its funding commitment to the Global Fund to support increased action on TB by the Global Fund.