RESULTS International (Australia) is part of a non-partisan, non-profit, international network of volunteers whose purpose is to generate the public and political will to end poverty.
What We Do
- Inform ourselves about poverty and its solutions
Fact & Action Sheets
Our Fact & Action Sheets focus on specific poverty-related issues and are distributed each month to RESULTS members and groups around Australia. We then inform ourselves on how a particular pressing issue
Monthly Group Action Meetings
We hold Group Action meetings across Australia every month in almost every capital city. Together we learn about our monthly poverty issue from our Fact & Action Sheet, practice effective communication techniques, and take action by writing letters to MPs and Senators.
We also hold National Conference Calls, whereby a keynote speaker on our particular poverty issue, addresses our groups across the country and brings the issue into clarity and perspective.
- Take strategic action
Write to and meet with MPs and Senators
Through letters and meetings with Members of Parliament and Senators in their home electorates we press influential government politicians to implement effective policies that can have the far-reaching ability to improve the lives of those most affected by poverty.
We meet regularly with Parliamentarians in Canberra each year and press our case for real change to our MPs, which can also include the Prime Minister.
Publish poverty issues in the media
RESULTS’s ultimate goal is to generate the public and political will to end poverty. One of its most effective tools in the fight against poverty is utilising the media to get our message across to millions of Australians.
RESULTS and its campaigns have been covered by some of Australia’s major media outlets, including top newspapers like The Sydney Morning Herald, The National Times, The Canberra Times, including radio interviews and television appearances.
We also publish countless of letters-to-the-editors in major newspapers across the country each year as part of our ongoing campaigns to end poverty.
Speak with confidence to our friends, family and local groups on current poverty issues
We aim to continually speak passionately about current poverty issues to our friends, family and local groups to even inspire them to take action on poverty.
These talks help inform the community and most importantly influence government policy on global and domestic poverty issues.
Catch up with our Current Campaigns
What We’ve Done
- Helped secure $8 million in aid funding to improve TB services in the Western Province of Papua New Guinea (Feb 2012)
- Helped secure $270 million in aid funding for education through the Global Partnership for Education (Nov 2011)
- Helped secure $200 million in aid funding to immunise seven million children through the GAVI Alliance (June 2011)
- Helped cancel $75 million of Indonesia’s crippling foreign debt to Australia, and successfully lobbied for $37.5 million for lifesaving TB programs through the Debt2Health finance initiative (May 2010)
- Helped secure a doubling of Australia’s aid funding for microfinance in the developing world (March 2010)
- Read more about our amazing RESULTS!
View the 2012 Constitution of RESULTS International (Australia) Inc.